• Environmentally Friendly: HeathTech BioActive’s (proprietary) production process breaks with traditional methylcobalamin manufacturing by using biodegradableviii methyl group donor dimethyl carbonate, an environmentally friendly, VOC-exempt, green re-agentix. Traditional methylcobalamin manufacturing processes use methyl iodide or dimethyl sulfate, which are both highly toxic and environmentally hazardous.
• Cal Prop 65 Compliant: MecobalActive® methylcobalamin uses a patented production of iron salts as the methylation reaction catalyst. Typical methylcobalamin manufacturing processes use cobalt salts, which are highly carcinogenic and appear on Cal Prop 65’s list of known cancer-causing chemicals.
• Patented: Supports HTBA’s unique process.
• Pure and stable: Remarkably pure, with a five-year shelf life* (stability studies are ongoing).
• 62% of millenials will pay more for products made with environmentally responsible practices.vii
• Regulatory: Self-affirmed GRAS in supplements and food.
1. CRN Consumer Survey 2019
2. NBJ State of the Industry Report 2019
ix. Kreutzberger., Charles B. (2001), “Chloroformates and Carbonates”, Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, New York: John Wiley, doi:10.1002/0471238961.0301180204011312.a01.pub2, ISBN 9780471238966
x. http://www.epa.gov/ttn/oarpg/t1/fact_sheets/voc_exemp01011309.pdf. Information about the EPA’s action on exempting dimethyl carbonate as a VOC and petitioner’s background information, public comments and other references are available electronically at http://www.regulations.gov, EPA’s electronic public docket and comment system. The docket number for this action is Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2006-0948. See http://www.epa.gov/ttn/oarpg/t1pfpr.html and scroll down to Jan 13, 2009 pdf for the rule.